Firing Industries is Canada’s source for top industrial processing equipment, including piab’s vacuum conveyors. The manufacturer also produces a line of feed adaptors that are highly useful in the food-processing sector. One common application in which these devices come in very handy is big-bag unloading – or transferring material from a big bag into a suction pipeline. As other piab products do, these adaptors come with many key advantages.
Controlling the flow of material
For big-bag unloading, piab recommends using one of its feed adaptors with universal interfaces to connect to the unloading systems. These adaptors have been designed to optimize the flow of material into pipelines with multiple valves for adjusting the airflow; this feature helps to control the flow in a way that prevents damage to products and reaches predetermined conveying capacities.
piab offers other solutions and techniques to simplify material flow out of big bags. These solutions depend highly on the material conditions, so each case must be evaluated individually. Piab’s vacuum-conveyor products, which are also available from Firing Industries, offer these benefits:
- More uptime due to a hygienic design that makes them easy to clean;
- Better work environments, as they are closed systems with no dust contamination;
- Safer work environments, since these conveyors meet strict ATEX Dust and Gas standards;
- Compliance with all application requirements, with product families specifically for the food-processing, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries;
- Higher level of throughput and minimal scrap, as conveyors are designed especially for fragile materials;
- Ability to convey up to 14 tons per hour as far as 30 metres;
- Flexibility to convey particles as small as 0.5 microns and to work with ejector pumps or mechanical pumps; and
- Compact size, which makes them suitable for tight spaces.
piab’s vacuum conveyors and feed adaptors are produced from more than half a century of experience of creating equipment to move powder and granules. To get a glance, check out this video:
To learn more, contact Firing Industries’ application-sales engineers at email@example.com or (877) 688-0974.