Firing Industries is Canada’s source for powder processing technologies by Hosokawa Micron. Among the manufacturer’s innovative products is the Mikro Air Jet Sieve model MAJSx2, a highly accurate, reliable particle size analyzer built to determine the particle-size distribution of dry powders from 20 to 4,750 micrometres.
This economical solution by Hosokawa Micron is a boon to applications in several industries, including chemicals, minerals, pharmaceuticals, food processing, plastics, and cosmetics.
Used by labs worldwide
The MAJSx2 is a very versatile particle size analyzer that hundreds of laboratories around the world are using, testing thousands of materials. This device is typically used to determine dry-powder particle sizes, sometimes the average size below a predetermined cut point. Some companies use it to confirm that a powder top size does not exceed product specifications. Another possible use is as a small lab scale classifier to cut fine portions out of samples.
Easy to operate, the MAJSx2 can quickly determine the particle size of a powdered sample with a short series of sieve screens. The device uses a pneumatic sieving principle that enhanced the accuracy and reproducibility of particle-size analysis. As negative pressure draws all particles below a specific particle size through a test sieve screen, a positive airflow moves upwards through a rotating wand, dispersing undersized particles and carrying them to a vacuum collector. This is a preferred method for quality assurance of raw materials, process control, and confirming final product specifications.
Other major features of the MAJSx2 particle size analyzer from Firing Industries:
- Twelve language options;
- Automatic data recording and storage, with network capability;
- USB backup of analysis;
- Twenty gigabytes of storage;
- Ability to calculate particle-size points at 0.01 to 99.99 per cent with the Rosin-Rammler Law;
- Output graphs in linear and Rosin-Rammler formats;
- Programmable vacuum pressure in multiple units;
- Automatic differential-pressure control;
- Adjustable date and time zone for international use;
- Sample volumes of ten to 100 grams per cycle; and
- Polycarbonate sieve cover, brush, and tapping hammer included.
To learn more, contact Firing Industries’ application-sales engineers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 688-0974.