Firing Industries is Canada’s top source for many in-demand industrial products – including material-handling systems for the food-processing sector. piab, a respected innovator in vacuum technology, manufactures a line of vacuum conveying equipment especially designed for the food industry. The Food grade – piFLOW®f is a conveyor widely used in the industry where food-grade quality is a demand. This conveyor is often used as an alternative to mechanical conveyors when there is a requirement for dust-free conveying or low maintenance. Its capacity is up to 4 tons/h. All conveyors are available with either an ejector-driven vacuum pump or a mechanical pump.
As efficient, quick, and convenient as piab’s vacuum conveyors are, users can make them even more productive by investing in the right feed-point accessories. These add-ons are designed to optimize piab’s systems for food manufacturers.
A sum of many parts
A vacuum conveyor is just one part of a complex system for moving and handling food products. To get maximum productivity out of this system, users must ensure that every part of this system is optimized. It is vital to choose the appropriate feed-point design for the application, and this partly depends on the specific product and the surrounding environment.
Among piab’s feed-point accessories available:
- Suction pipes. A lightweight and ergonomically beneficial choice for piFLOW®i/f conveyors in applications involving free-flowing or granular materials.
- Feed nozzles. With piFLOW®p/t conveyors, feed nozzles enable users to adjust the air intake to custom-create the mixture of conveyed material and aspirated air.
- Feed pipes. Recommended for tablets and other fragile products being processed in piFLOW®t tablet conveyors.
- Bag dump stations. These small bag unloaders increase productivity for piFLOW®i/f conveyors; each one can handle four small bags at the same time with its internal volume of 100 litres.
- Dust collectors. These protect operators from dust from the products being processed.
- Feed adaptors. To enable optimum flow.
- Feed stations. Also ideal for piFLOW®p/t conveyors, feed stations offer fluidizing functions for non-free flowing materials, supported by two points for extra carrying air. This avoids potential problems with challenging materials. Feed adaptors can provide additional room for adjustment.
About the manufacturer
Based in Sweden, with subsidiaries and distributors in almost 70 countries, piab has been a leader in vacuum technology and solutions since its founding in 1951.
To learn more about piab’s lineup of products for the food-processing sector, contact Firing Industries’ application-sales engineers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 688-0974.