For top powder-processing equipment for food processing and other sectors, companies turn to Hosokawa Micron Powder Systems. This manufacturer makes a wide range of world-class products, available in Canada from Firing Industries. This portfolio now includes the versatile Model PT-X Micron powder characteristics tester.
The Model PT-X can determine no less than 11 characteristics in dry powder: angle of repose; cohesion; aerated density; uniformity; dispersibility; compressibility; angle of fall; packed density; angle of spatula; angle of difference; and particle size.
Determines “flowability & floodability”
The latest design in Hosokawa Micron’s powder characteristics tester line, the Model PT-X uses Carr Indices, a series of methods created by Ralph L. Carr, to determine the “flowability and floodability” of dry powder. Like prior powder testers created by the company, this instrument uses many innovative features to identify specific characteristics of powdered samples for a broad variety of applications – offering a complete range of characterization in one device. Major design features of the PT-X include the following:
- automated vibration, with electronically controlled vibration sensor for repeatable results;
- compact design, with a 34 per cent reduction in size from previous testers;
- compliance with FDA Tapped Bulk Density (USP) ASTM, Kawakita’s compressibility equation;
- functionality in several languages;
- less operator intervention, which ensures analysis accuracy and repeatability;
- specially designed feeder, for reliable sample feeding;
- test-sieve indication, through which users record test-sieve serial numbers to measure; and
- user-friendly software, which decreases analysis time.
In addition, users have the option of integrated HEPA filter dust protection.
The Model PT-X powder characteristics tester can handle a vast range of materials, ranging from corn starch, seasonings, and many other food products to acids, aluminum hydroxide, wax, and pigments.
Watch the video below to learn how to set up and start up the PT-X properly:
Hosokawa Micron has delivered more than 3,500 powder testers to companies worldwide since 1968. Firing Industries carries on the tradition with the PT-X, the ultimate powder-testing solution.
To learn more, contact Firing Industries’ application-sales engineers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (877) 688-0974.